- 2 big artichokes per person
- 4 eggs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- a handful of persil
- 200 gr. of “Serrano” ham or York ham in chunk
- Bread crumbs
- 2 lemons
- Vegetable soup
- Olive oil, extra virgen
- Grind black pepper
- First prepare the filling of the artichokes. Beat two eggs and add the garlic cloves and the parsley, both of them previously chopped. Add a pinch of grind black pepper and the ham in chunk to the mixture. Add the bread crumbs and mash up until obtaining a consistent dough to fill the artichokes.
- Clean the artichokes by tearing off the outer leaves, the stem and the top part. Spread them with lemon and fill them one by one while using our fingers to keep the inner part open.
- Put them into a large saucepan and cover them with the vegetable soup, pouring a little stream of olive oil on every artichoke. Cook them on a low heat until they turn tender.
- Once cooked, remove them from the saucepan carefully so as not to break them and reserve the broth to finish the dish later.
- Beat two egg yolks in a bowl, seasoned with a pinch of salt. Add the juice of a lemon while beating without stopping. Pour the broth of the artichokes very gradually so as not to curdle it. If necessary, wait until it has tempered before pouring.
- Put the artichokes again into the saucepan and cover them with the soup, now finished. Before serving, cook on a very low heat, taking care not to curdle it.
Síguenos en nuestra red social